Saturday 28 February 2015

28th February 2015 - farewell to my much-loved father

Saturday 28th February 2015

Dad and Fleur
My father, Adrian Harmsen, was my biggest fan, and now…I have lost my biggest fan.



Yes I will still write a daily blog but…will there be anyone following it on a map, plotting the co-ordinates, waiting to see photos of me happily snorkeling??

Dad turned 90 in October last year, and he confidently believed he would live to 100.  Until he got bowled over by a big bad melanoma…

Dad, centre, with most of his clan
I got to his bedside yesterday morning at 10.00 and…he was very happily ensconced in the arms of Sister Morphine.

He never met the other wonderful therapist in the Whittle Ward, Pippa, (many generations later) sister to my own dearly beloved Hayley.


But he was surrounded by love, admiration and affection.


And he would have loved this late evening panorama of the Derwent River…he did so love Tasmania.



It is worth noting that last Friday, 20th February, Dad drove his little blue car into town to the Bridge Club and played to WIN.  And…win he did!!

No comments:

Post a Comment