Wednesday 18 February 2015

19th February - Coron (Busuanga, Philippines)

Thursday 19th February 2015

It is still very windy here in Coron.  I think we sleep very well, being rocked like babies in a cradle… Certainly I sleep very well, on the couch, during Series 4 of the Inspector Lynley Mysteries… Pete won this DVD set by answering a few correct questions in an evening quiz on the ABC, and somehow we haven’t got round to watching it till now.  It is totally and mind-numbingly boring…

This morning we went into town and I took some wonderful photos which, unaccountably, are a bit out of focus.  This has never happened before – my iPhone camera is usually impeccably focused.  Maybe I wobbled?

I am still including them because…

I loved this jeepney – could they have fitted in one single person more, or one more item of STUFF??


And the men on this truck were very happy to be photographed; they waved most regally.


Our first stop was to visit our friend Dolores, in her small booking agency.  She was very happy to see us and hugged us both to her splendid bosom.


And we went – of course – to the biggest hardware store, where my chair awaited me.


I took a photo of one of the displays facing me – a large golden Buddha next to a large toy machine gun and sundry dusty plastic items.


Pete was very happy, buying this and that.  He forgot the u-bolts; we will have to go back!


At lunchtime we went upstairs to a breezy little restaurant, cool and shady.  We ate delicious lobster (a bit too small to have left their mothers but…)



and I very much admired the ingenious use, once again, of plastic bottles, this time to create a chandelier.


No comments:

Post a Comment