Thursday 2 April 2015

3rd April - Good Friday in Coron (Philippines)

Friday 3rd April 2015


We didn’t throw caution to the winds; we stayed put yesterday.  Pete worked on his computer – so nice having 30 days of internet, no limits, on my modem, which covers up to five devices at a time!  Luxury!

I lay on the couch, popping nurofen and graining faintly as I read my book(s).  Thank God my Kindle app is loaded up, on my iPad!

I also started on my swimming program – (a) pro-fitness, (b) anti-fatness.  I have decided to swim at least one kilometre per day.  This is easypeasy when we are near a glorious coral reef.  I can cover many happy kilometres when distracted by coral, and fish… Not so easy to swim around in murky water, where one might get one’s head bonked by a banka… But I am determined in my quest and so far I have managed, two days in a row, to do my required kilometer.  2XS is a bit over 14 metres long…so 72 laps, back and forth, under the boat does it!  (Under the boat because it is shady, and safe from bonking banks!)  Yes it is a teensy bit boring, counting up to 72, back and forth, but the water is a very pleasant temperature and the exercise is very good for body and soul so – why not??

Eventually we left 2XS and made our way to shore, to Seadive, where Lisette made us a cool drink, and I watched ancient episodes of American Idol and Pete went to the ATM. 


It was all very beautiful and peaceful, looking out towards Sirenetta, the mermaid restaurant.  SuperTyphoon Maysak has calmed down and dissipated, so all is well in the islands.




Today is Good Friday, and Pete fancies going to the local church, to mingle with the crowds, and to experience the Stations of the Cross Philippine style.  I might join him, or I might stay in the cool Helldivers Bar, with Lisette…

2 comments:

  1. I like the idea of you graining faintly whatever that might be. Making you town flour perhaps. Or perhaps you mean groaning which is a bit less delightful.

    ReplyDelete