Tuesday 28 April 2015

28th April - Cebu Island to southern Tacloban Island - Captain Pete's birthday

Tuesday 28th April 2015

10 degrees 07.680N
124 degrees 50.699E
South of Tacloban Island
Depth 5.5m


We are anchored under a big statue of Mary, in what looks like a neat and tidy little town.  Our charts show us that we are at the south of Tacloban Island, but we can’t find a name for the town, at all.  It might be Maasin, or even Macrohon.  But…not sure…



Pete said I should take a zoomed photo of what he thought was a town sign – my camera zoom is better than the binoculars.  This is what I came up with…very helpful; I think not!



Our trip today was very beautiful.  The sea was calm and smooth, and there were occasional clusters of fishing boats.



I was thrilled to see flocks of birds – we have hardly seen a bird, in the Philippines, thus far.



Tomorrow we will have a longer trip; I hope it is as calm and peaceful as today…

My only complaint it – it is VERY hot.  In the cabin it is 41 degrees and it feels even hotter outside.  Fortunately we have enough power to run a very small fan inside (thanks to the new solar panel set up.)  The water looks very inviting and I am grieving because…I am not getting into the sea again until the wounds on my feet have healed up.  I am swallowing strong antibiotics every four hours and there is already an improvement –thank GOD!!!

So…we are sipping G & Ts, with REAL and plentiful ice (Pete bought it from the yacht club last night, very providently,) to celebrate…


Captain Pete’s Birthday!



3 comments:

  1. Happy birthday dear Pete. I hope you had a very special day. Cheers dear, AM xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why hardly any birds? X

    ReplyDelete