Wednesday 1 April 2015

2nd April - provisioning in Coron

Thursday 2nd April 2015

Another pretty rooftop - Puerto del Sol, Busuanga Bay
Yesterday we started loading up with supplies.  We bought many tins of Campbells soup (always a lifesaver at lunchtime when we are under way and don’t want to spend much time in the kitchen), tinned corn, flour for breadmaking, an enormous packet of toilet paper – we never want to run out again after the Gastro Near Disaster of last week, plus, of course, beer and gin…  The gin was extraordinarily cheap – 200 pesos for 1 litre of Gilbeys (ie around $6!!  We will be able to continue our happy custom of G & T sundowners for many months to come.  We found the cheap gin in my least favourite “supermarket.”  It has very narrow aisles which are always piled high with cardboard boxes so that navigating through the maze is enough to send a normally non-claustrophobic person just a bit antsy.


And the “service” is non-existent.  Last time we gave up all hope and left, although I very much wanted the bottles of JOY dishwashing liquid which I hadn’t been able to find anywhere else.  (What do other people use, for dishwashing?  Teensy sachets of JOY…dreadful for the environment, I think, and v fiddly for me.)  And this time we did get through the check-out, during which time BAMBI – Still Groovy @ 60 spent the entire transaction on her phone.

Eventually we were home and hosed, with all of our new possessions safely stashed away.  Time for – G & T and sunset over Coron!




It is very windy… Pete wants to unleash the beast and take 2XS out for a swift cruise around the harbor, just to see if the propeller is damaged after the epic mooring rope struggle yesterday.  I am not so keen… It is very windy and I am a teensy bit frightened of SuperTyphoon Maysak (now downgraded but still scary…) which might veer away from its expected trajectory and come roaring down, with renewed force, to find us bobbing around Coron Harbour.  Also (oh how BORING can I be!!!) I have strained my back and all I want to do is lie on the couch, sipping iced water, reading my book, and swallowing nurofen.  (So far so good…)

An unknown cat on a mooring right next to 2XS - looks pretty in the sunset...

No comments:

Post a Comment