Friday 17 April 2015

18th April - Malapascua Island (Philippines)

Saturday 18th April 2015


We try always to have (relatively…) delicious meals on2XS.

Sometimes our resources are a bit limited, but it is usually possible to make something pleasant.  On Thursday I decided to make a nourishing and sustaining pasta bake, with tuna, creamed corn, and some of our precious supply of REAL cheese, from Boracay.  I spent quite a longtime down in the galley, getting very hot as we rocked and rolled towards our destination but…I was determined!  Our tummies would be so happy at the end of the day…

Well…not so much… It was only AFTER I had dished up the meal and was sitting looking at it, fork in hand, that I realised it looked…wrong… A big pile of pretty bow-shaped noodles in cheesy sauce on top of…a BIG mound of mashed potatoes!  WHAT was I thinking??

carbs on carbs...
I think  forgot to include this photo of a dear little girl in an alleyway in Romblon.  She was carefully making patterns on the path, with bits of this and that, and her dog was EXTRA protective.  We barely got away with our ankles intact!


Yesterday I went for three long and very satisfying swims.  I don’t think I will be finding anywhere as nice as Malapascua for quite sometime… After my second swim, I clambered out, mildly exhausted, and Pete pointed out that he had seen people snorkeling over there, near the lighthouse, where the boats are.  Well I wasn’t going to miss out!  So back into the water…and good thing too!  Right in front of the lighthouse, just off the beach, in only a few meters of water, was a very big wreck!  Just the skeleton, but very fascinating, and colonised by lots of coral and many busy, happy fish.


Meanwhile in Tasmania…some of my very favourite people in the world are having fun fun FUN in glorious Bicheno…

Claie with Jemima and Felix
And here we have amazing stormclouds, reminding us of ominous characters from Game of Thrones!


Maybe, if I am lucky, we will spend an extra day here, in Malapascua… I have a feeling that our next few anchorages, in Port Carmen (Cebu) and Cebu City are going to be…hardware stores, chandleries, boatbuilding yards, and NOT sweet clear water, fish, coral… (Pete is being kind to me…)

Birthdays
17th April – Olivia Headlam Darcey



18th April - James Darcey Darcey

James with his GIRLS, plus Pete (post-knuckle op)

No comments:

Post a Comment