Thursday 25 December 2014

26th December - Boxing Day in chilly Hobart


Friday 26th December


Angela and Tim
It is a beautiful bright sunny day here in Hobart.  But cold!  I am wearing ugg boots and have only just removed my big fluffy doona/coat.

Christmas Celebration #2 today.  Yesterday we went to Chris and Angela’s shack at Dodges Ferry, for a big family reunion.

 
Hannah singing with her father Andrew
Nick, Suzi and I took a gang of children down to the beach but mostly it was about…new iPads for the children.

Holly, Ella, Oliver, Sebastien, Alex, Tessa
Everyone was worried there wouldn’t be enough food.  There was PLENTY…an absolute feast!


Enough to energise us for much singing and dancing late in the night.  And much chat.



In the morning, after Zoe had opened her presents to be thrilled and delighted by her three glorious new My Little Ponies, she turned to Katy, and, with a stricken expression asked, “So where is my carousel??”  Carousel??  First any of us had heard about such a thing… I told Rebecca this story and she said that after Tessa had received her new iPad plus some other large material item, she said, rather sternly, “Well that was all very nice, but where is my puppy?”  Oh deary me…And to top all of these…dear sweet Olivia Darcey, aged seven, opened all of her presents with a slightly jaundiced eye, then said, “Hmmm…well I don’t think Father Christmas knows me very well at all!”





No comments:

Post a Comment