Wednesday 31 December 2014

1s January - Happy New Year!


Thursday 1st January

Happy 2015, of course.  All is well in Hobart; all is set for a wonderful year.

There were fireworks over the city last night.

A bit blurry but still very pretty
and sparklers on the deck.

Ella
This morning we took three girls to the Taste of Tasmania.

Tessa Ella Holly
They think this is a huge treat; their mother hates the Taste.  I love…some of it.

Always good to see old friends (Lynette and Harry)
The huge echoing shed, although it is very familiar and very dear to me, leave me with a thumping headache now.

I do like the witty stalls
Much better sitting outside in the fresh air, alternately very hot and slightly chilly, to watch a busker. 


My issue with buskers is…were they much much better in the old days??  I remember greatly enjoying very witty buskers, full of verve and skill, juggling chainsaws, making human pyramids constructed from hapless audience members, performing death-defying tricks on the top of wobbly poles.  I have seen two buskers this year and they were mildly amusing but…I very much dislike being told I am not being an engaged audience member, that I am sitting like a blob,, lacking in energy.  I feel like saying, Well if you were a bit funnier I would be very engaged indeed! 

But…the girls thought this particular busker was vastly amusing and clever so maybe I am just getting jaded after many years of sitting outside the Taste of Tasmania sheds with a $5 in my hand…



On the way back to the car I stopped to take a nostalgic photo of my old work place.  The Commonwealth Law Courts and 144 Macquarie Street, up behind the law courts.  My work place(s) for ten years…And do I miss work?  Oh deary me…not at all!!

2 comments:

  1. You've also captured the Omnipod designed by Craig

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't agree more about buskers. I have been really put off by comments such as the one you mentioned. They can be intimidating and public humiliation is NOT FUNNY! That is why it was widely used as a punishment!! I don't think the standard is as good as it once was either.

    ReplyDelete