Wednesday 10 December 2014

11th December - possum settles in


Thursday 11th December

I’m afraid the possum is turning himself into some sort of pet… This morning Katy reached into the nest to see if she could chivvy him (her??  This would be worse, surely??) out of the chooks’ domain.  He seemed to enjoy the contact and rolled back quite contentedly for a pat…


This morning dawned clear, bright and wonderful.  Perfect for the Fabulous Princess (or something like that…a big cruise ship, anyway,) to roll majestically into town.  The passengers must have been delighted to see Hobart with sunshine and bright blue skies – oh so pretty!  And then around 10.30…it turned chilly and drizzly and the happy shoppers stopped strolling happily down the streets.  Instead they scampered into shops, looking for disposable ponchos.  Welcome to 42 degrees south!

I did another Prezi – this time for Eva’s Prep/1 class at South Hobart Primary.  The children had prepared questions, and one of the girls, aged six, asked me if my photo of the mother turtle laying eggs was taken in Borneo.  She had been, with her family, family to the Turtle Islands – Tasmanians are such intrepid travellers!

South Hobart was so very pretty as I walked back up towards Cascade.  (Walking fast – I had managed to miss the bus by misreading the timetable and turning up in the nick of time to…the wrong bus-stop at the GPO.

Prettiness
I had got quite along way towards Katy and Jeff’s house, and was hovering a bit anxiously outside Last Chance Saloon (a bus stop outside Ginger Brown café – maybe a bus would come along to take a kilometer or so off my journey.  Or maybe it wouldn’t…) when a car pulled up – two pleasant-looking women around my age.  They wanted to know if I wanted a ride, and by serendipity/ synchronicity/whatever they just HAPPENED to be going to visit the next door neighbour.  This meant that I was in very good time to relieve Lisa, the magical childcarer, who had to drift off to an appointment.

More prettiness (through the drizzle...)
Life is good; people are kind and helpful all over the world – this was my Prezi message as well, although the children were totally enthralled by the photos of Komodo dragons, and stalls full of edible maggots and cockroaches…maybe not so much by my exhortations to love our neighbours…

No comments:

Post a Comment