Sunday 20 April 2014

21st April - Rebak Island day


Monday 21st April

Today was a day of R & R on Rebak Island.

Nothing too strenuous…

Nicky and Gavin, pool-side
The boys tried to walk on water.



The Baguley family left, bound for Penang and school days.  Heather and Lance live in the boarding house so they are on duty nearly all the time, one way or the other.  I think they very much enjoyed the cooler* cleaner air of Langawi and a few days with no school responsibilities.  And we enjoyed having them here.

Nina, Amy, Tom
I did a few loads of laundry and learned a thing or two.  My French is OK, quite fluent, really, but there are a few words which are not part of my vocabulary.  For instance – what is clothes dryer??  There was no such thing in existence when I was a child so I don’t have a clue.  A French woman was doing a large load or three in the little laundry area, so I watched closely when her husband came in.  She instructed him to put the wet clothes in…”le dryeur.”  Aha!  My vocab has expanded!

The hammock is still a popular retreat for Angus
Today we are off to Telaga Harbour, boat and all.  I think the boys will enjoy a bit of an excursion and a chance to explore some different scenery, different water.

I have set up my new little Canon Selphy printer and the photo competition is ALL GO!  We have devised about a dozen categories so it will be hotly contested.  My camera is the best one on the boat so everyone is using it… This might cause a bit of confusion when I comes time to ascertain who took which picture, but so far everyone is fiercely possessive of their own Hornbill Portrait.

But today - hibiscus instead of hornbills.
* No it has not suddenly turned cool here!  It is just cooler than smoggy Penang…

2 comments:

  1. Nice to see you relaxing poolside Nicky xx. Very cold and wet into Weymouth today - a sudden winter's day :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jacqui, Mum and Pete have gone to great lengths to cater for everyone. Plenty of swimming action for the boys, rest for me, site-seeing for all and yummy food at every turn! Katy emailed mum that the photo of me and Gavin, while lovely, is very Weekend at Burnies (a film where the protagonist had to carry a dead body everywhere on holiday an prop it up!) I am feeling much more normal (and alive) now.

    ReplyDelete