Friday 12 April 2013

12th April - Clontarf - Manly Beach - Hamilton Island - Woodwark Bay


Friday 12th April



Above - the view from Chris and Karen's house in Clontarf, last night just before dusk.

We are anchored in Woodwark Bay, a bit north of Airlie Beach.  It is quite warm but very overcast and…damp.  It has stopped raining so I hope the holidaymakers in the Whitsundays get a bit of sunshiney joy.

This morning I got up at 5.30, with True Harmsen Spirit, and went for a brisk walk from one end of Manly Beach to the other.  Karen and I walked all the way but Chris, ofcourse, broke into a much speedier run.  We met up halfway and went for a swim and watched the sun rise over the ocean – just beautiful.  When I say we went for a swim…that is not quite correct… We all did indeed get wet but only Chris and Karen swam, like dolphins, bodysurfing in on the fierce little waves.  I was more wary; I have been dumped by these very same short sharp little waves and I was quite happy just jumping up and down to avoid getting smacked in the moosh and possibly bowled over

My trip from Clontarf to the airport went like a dream.  Chris dropped me off at North Sydney railway station, where I bought my ticket quick smart and stepped straight onto a train to Central.  At Central there was, yet again, a train just leaving, so I got to the airport in less than half an hour.  Easy peasy!  But…not so easypeasy in the actual airport… There was a long snakey queue winding back and forth and out and about, with a shuffling crowd, laden with large suitcases.  Unfortunately I was one of the large-suitcase brigade so I had to shuffle along with the uncomplaining throng.  It took me one and a quarter hours to get my boarding pass, and then to get through security where – YES! - I was yet again dusted down for explosives… (I get dusted down more often than not…usually I don’t mind; they are just doing their job but this time I was extremely keen NOT to be delayed from my two immediate goals: toilet, then coffee!)

3 comments:

  1. I can just picture that shuffling crow, a very funny image... Not sure how auto spell got that one for you! I was taken through several stages of bomb dusting when entering Parliament House with 60 girls. Was almost taken to private room but managed to avoid. Phew!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mum, your font has gone yucky.

    Aren't Chris and Karen wonderful!

    This morning Zoe found one of my bras and sighed deeply, saying: "Ah, there is Bardy's beautiful black boobs". xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Katy - I edited my shuffling crow back to what it should have been...

    ReplyDelete