Sunday 14 April 2013

15th April - Cape Upstart to Townsville


Monday 15th April

Back in MarinaLand.

I do love marinas…so lovely to have yet another ablutions block to explore.  This time we are in Townsville, where we have been before, in November 2011.  I had actually forgotten the glory of this particular shower block, so I enjoyed it all very much.  It was very hot, coming up from Cape Upstart to Townsville, so a shower was more than necessary, and more than welcome, especially as there is no possibility of swimming in the slightly oily yucky marina waters.

It was hot yes, but also very beautiful, and peaceful.  Our only issue was… a very stiff rudder, making it impossible to use the autopilot – it gave up the ghost – too hard, it cried, heading for the (virtual) hills.  So I think the next few days are going to be very pleasant for me, strolling around lovely Townsville, and occasionally uttering soothing sounds to Pete, or handing him a spanner, while he toils away in the hot hot engine hatch… Pleasant for me but not so much fun for Pete.

Any moment now I am expecting Michael, my one-and-only son, who is about to go overseas, and before he arrives at the marina, I will try to find a photo of him and me on 2XS in the Whitsundays – it is very typical of our relationship… 


1 comment:

  1. Oh, Yucko, poor Pete. That is the sort of job that would put me off the whole mission. He is made of stern stuff!

    ReplyDelete