Sunday 7 April 2013

7th April - slowcooking - practise not practice

Sunday 7th April

Another busy Hobart day…trying not to have to say final goodbyes…

I decided to cook a particularly delicious meal for Katy and Jeff, based on their wonderful wedding anniversary Peppermint Bay menu. 

Something not at all in my repertoire…slow-cooked lamb shoulder… I carefully downloaded a recipe from the internet and set off for the supermarket at crack-of-dawn (nearly…)  Without – oh no – my reading glasses… I rushed back, got out the slow cooker and loaded it up with carrots, onions, passata, stock, bay leaves, onions, and…the lamb shoulder…  When I got back at 4.00 I peeked into the slowcooker expecting…well expecting slow-cooked lamb shoulder.  What I found was something pale, strange, white, fatty… well bugger me…I crept out to the bin and unearthed the wrapper…I had indeed read shoulder correctly and a four letter word before it but what I had cooked, in a not very yummy way, was… pork shoulder… 

And what else is news??  Well my very clever pickypedant father has pointed out I have mis-spelled practise in yesterday’s blogpost…so I am going to correct it pronto, with apologies to our fellow pickypedants…


1 comment:

  1. Bahahahaha,that is almost as bad as my friends who look in the slow cooker at the end of the day and who realise ... they've forgotten to turn it on ... they obviously just need to practise :).

    ReplyDelete