Friday 5 April 2013

6th April - birthdays - Whitsundays within reach - ukulele


Saturday 6th April

Birthdays!

Firstly – Angus Wakefield is eleven today.  And a most wonderful eleven year old he is.  I think this is a splendid age to be, full of the joys of childhood and the confidence of having lots of abilities and competence but not too many adult/teenage responsibilities.  Angus is happy, cheerful, very VERY funny, and extremely intelligent.  We all very much enjoy his company and his quirky conversation.

Next – Will Harmsen is eighteen today.  He is handsome, charming, much loved and an extremely talented swimmer.  And I also think he will be very grateful that I am not completely on top of loading photos onto this blog because I happen to have, in my collection, a lovely photo of him, taken only last weekend, wearing a large grey onesie and pink bunny ears…

And again – Nicole Headlam Darcey is forty one today and no I can’t believe it was only a year ago we went to her resplendent fortieth birthday party in Launceston…She is still beautiful, admirable and brave, raising her darling daughters, working alongside her darling husband, and raising many $$$$s for breast cancer research.

And last on the list because he will NOT want to have his birthday acknowledged is Allan, long-term Registrar at the Industrial Commission.  Happy birthday Allan - your birthday is now celebrated in cyberspace!

No news today from 2XS – I imagine they are sailing at high speed towards the 100 Magical Miles of the Whitsundays…

I am getting just a bit more prepared for my own magical miles…

Yesterday afternoon I had my first ukulele lesson.  My lovely new friend Tanya arrived, in a glorious bright yellow Hillman Minx, highly decorated, to show me four chords (C, C7, G and F,), with which, she says, I will be able to play many songs.  So far…I can plod along very slowly through You Are My Sunshine.  Well... I can do it while she is sitting patiently at my side singing and playing,

You are my C, C 
My only C7, C7
You make me F, F
etc…

She says I just need to practise ten minutes a day to perfect changeovers from these four chords and then…build on my success!  How lucky am I to have met Tanya, just last week, and in the nick of time!

No comments:

Post a Comment