Tuesday 9 April 2013

9th April - MAC101 - class time - pooping areas - technological issues




Tuesday 9th April

The good news is…2XS is not lost at sea…

I had been very mildly worried; not to the point of panic but when Cam rang from the Gold Coast, very concerned about Pete and Crew and Boat, I notched up the anxiety just a tad.  All unnecessary; they were only out of phone range.  James occasionally had a few bars of reception, and he had rung Bron, so I got a bit of reassurance from her.  And this afternoon Captain Pete rang, from Brampton Island, in the Whitsundays.  They should be at Hamilton Island tomorrow, ready for both James and Rachel to return to real life in Hobart.  I rather think they will all have fairly highly-coloured stories to report…and they possibly will conflict, one way or the other…

This morning I went to Lauderdale School to talk to Wonderful Mr Whelan’s Grade Five.  I had met this group a few weeks ago when I spent a few hours with them on a Ten Days on the Island school excursion.  I had been very impressed with their charm and enthusiasm.  Angus is in this class; he thinks Mr Whelan is the Best Teacher Ever.  I had a great hour with the class, showing them a few photos of children in the Solomons and the Louisiades.  They had lots of questions and opinions.  They were – this was no surprise – particularly interested in toilet arrangements, and they were highly amused to hear that both John Miedecke and I had swum right into toileting areas off various islands, only to be sent back by small children in tiny canoes, saying, “No swimming here.  This water is for pooping.”  They loved the photo of the children in the canoe at Twin Waterfall Bay in the Solomons – one teenage babysitter, Gwendolyn, and six, I think, very small children, all balancing confidently in a shallow, narrow, leaky canoe, which Gwendolyn confidently paddled across deep water to visit us.



You may have noticed I have a new technological skill: I can include photos!!  I spent a very profitable hour and a half with my Mac 101 man, Gary Waterson.#  He was very kind, patient and helpful and I can do NEARLY everything he showed me… Sigh sigh not quite everything but…putting photos on my blog was close to top of my list, so…all is well!

# Gary Waterson – helps with all manner of Mac/Apple issues:

0402 917 751
info@mac101.com.au

No comments:

Post a Comment