Monday 15 April 2013

16th April - Rump & Ribs - hardware shops - Townsville


Tuesday 16th April

A hot HOT Townsville day.

Last night Pete, Michael and I walked into town to find a restaurant of Michael’s choice, for dinner.  In the interests of episode #1 – What Did They Eat, I can provide the following photo as evidence:



Lots Of Meat.  We were at a cheery place called Ribs & Rump.  (This would possibly not have been my very first choice but…never mind.)  I had a small fillet steak with many chips and a small sprig of parsley, for vitamins.  Pete and Michael had ribs and MORE ribs.  They were very happy.



This morning Pete and I drove around the light industrial areas of Townsville for many hours.  We went to tool shops and aluminum manufacturers and nuts & bolts emporiums.  Pete enjoyed all of this extremely.  I took of a photo of him experiencing Shock And Awe in a very large tool shop.  This was a strange and wondrous place, magnetically attractive to men, slightly less so (ahem…) to most women.  I was fascinated to find cheery cardboard cut-outs of cheeky chicks with bewitchingly bouncy breasts and cut-off shorts advertising the wares.  I actually think they were surplus to requirement…the men I saw were entranced enough by the proliferation of tools and gadgets.  



I managed to find a nice position to sit and play Words With Friends on my iPhone, wedged on a shelf between a thrilling display of large 7-drawer roller cabinets – Premium or MotorSport.




At one of the stops I thought I would stay in the car.  I took the following selfie seconds after I realised what a bad idea this was…it was blisteringly hot in Michaels golden ute…I think you can see pain, despair and dehydration writ large upon my face.

Tonight I am cooking a very mild red chicken and prawn curry – Michael is bringing some of his army friends, and he says they are curry wimps.

2 comments:

  1. Interesting choice to put those last two photos one after the other! Yes, your photo screams 'someone bring this woman a g&t and a memory foam pillow, pronto'. The grinder chick, well I'm speechless. Is Queensland a different country???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Missing everyone very much but doing this blog makes me feel more connected...
    And I LOVE getting your comments...
    Maybe NOT SO MUCH the people still offering me cures for haemorrhoids, of weight-loss programs...

    ReplyDelete