Saturday 20 April 2013

20th April - off the beach - rudder saga continues - Marguerite buggers up the anchor chain


Saturday 20th April



As you can see from this pretty picture of scenery – Magnetic Island, this time – we got off Rowe’s Beach.  Pete woke up very early in the morning and made sure we bobbed out with the tide, and we were back in the marina by 6.30, ready for another excursion to Garbutt.

Michael arrived around 10.30, without any friends – they were all “up the hill”, which means on manoeuvers in the hills outside Townsville, rushing around in the heat on arcane exercises.

We went straight to this lovely beach off Magnetic Island, where Pete hoped to be able to fix the rudder, but…computer said NO – too many bommies.  We went back to Rowe’s Beach, where Pete and Michael made a valiant attempt to get the rudder in place.



I was not very helpful.  In fact, I buggered everything up… I do not have a photo of my shemozzle; it would make me cry…suffice it to say I snarled up the anchor chain and managed to demolish the remote control for the anchor at the same time.  This did not make Pete happy, and Michael was mightily unimpressed with his mother’s seamanship.

In fact if this was a job, I would probably  be on my first and final warning.  And if this was a job I would probably say, This is TOO hard…I can’t do it!!  But this is not my job, it is my life…

I have had a shower, and I am sitting at the computer; Pete and Michael are trying to fix the ghastly situation re the anchor chain…In a few minutes were are meeting Lindy and John and a group of their friends to go to a theatre restaurant on Magnetic Island; I hope this cheers us all up (especially me…I am feeling very doleful and SO SO guilty…)

2 comments:

  1. You were expected to do something outside your experience, you didn't do it on purpose, and we all stuff things up. I hope the theatre cheered you up too and I hope you can rid yourself of that guilt. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katy is right! I probably would have done those things AND sunk the boat! x

    ReplyDelete