Monday 6 January 2014

7th January - marina cat - Bicheno


Tuesday 7th January


 In Pangkor (Malaysia) we had regular visits from a very beautiful cat.  It wandered on board, and came up to us very amiably when it caught sight of us on the pontoons.



Pete doesn’t love cats.  He far prefers dogs, which can be trained to be OBEDIENT.  But…I love all furry creatures, especially cats, and dogs.  So I didn’t say much to repel this visitor. 

One evening I disappeared into the galley, to find some out-of-date sardines, as a treat for Puss – we later found out his name is…John.  Pete was sitting outside, looking forbiddingly at said cat, who started to follow me, confidently, into the boat.  NO, Cat! he said, and the cat turned, and with great composure sat at Pete’s feet, purring in a very dignified and contented manner.



Pete was, of course, completely won over, and said, Well, I have never met such an intelligent cat!

We found out later that this particular cat wasn’t a Pangkor Stray; he belongs on one of the motor boats, and is very much at ease with friendly humans, and with floating homes, and galleys full of sardine-y treats.

Meanwhile in Tasmania…

We are now in Bicheno, on the East Coat of Tasmania.  Or, as my poor darling Zoe, nearly four, said yesterday morning…ummm…yes, we are going to…Bighanistan?

It is still brrrr but…very beautiful.

Evening
So nice to be here, with my family… And more are arriving, this afternoon.

Youngest and oldest
And I found, on my sister Jacqui’s facebook page, this photo, of my mother with her three girls, off for a picnic in in the bush.  How elegant is she??  And how much do I hate having my photo taken??  My little sisters are much more cheery.

Waddamana 1950s


No comments:

Post a Comment