Thursday 18 July 2013

18th July - back to angle-world


Thursday 18th July



We are back on our angle, at Spot On Marine, after a horizontal/vertical night on Settlement.  

Very nice it was too.



We ate tacos, in the company of Andrew and Sue, our kind hosts, along with Jen and Irwin, from backchat, and Don and Tania, from Pedoja.  We enjoyed the food, the wine, the company and the comfy horizontal bed.

The footy – not so much… Andrew, Pete and Don (a bit bewildered by State of Origin – he is Canadian,) retreated to the inner sanctum to watch from beginning to end, but they were sorely disappointed, not sure why.  The rest of us were very happy in the outer sanctum, thank you.

When I say we are back at Spot On…not quite true… I have only just returned, after a day jaunting around town with Sue and Tania.  We all got improved in various ways.  Sue had a fabulous facial:



Tania had a fabulous haircut:



And I got my eyebrows done, at the urging of the above-mentioned two women, who thought I needed some sort of make-over.  There is no photo of my newly improved eyebrows but I can assure you…they are much better than they were…

We all picked up our passports, resplendent with Indonesian visas, from the embassy, so now we are legal for the trip.

Sue and Tania bought lovely new fitflops – not quite as glorious as my calypso-blue ones, but very nice, very comfy nonetheless.  And I bought…the Lonely Planet Guide to Indonesia.  I read it while I was waiting for the others – my eyebrow procedure was very swift – and oh my goodness it all sounds too wonderful to be imagined!  Especially for a girl who likes Nature Study!  Birds!  Mammals!!  Komodo dragons!  Fish!  And yes…lots of food, los of culture…

I rode my bike, which was faithfully waiting, chained to a fence at the sailing club, back to Spot On, expecting to find Pete, hot and exhausted.  But no…I just found a sad note saying he had ridden off with his newly repaired multi-tool which is…well suffice it to say it doesn’t work right this moment (these are not the words he used, poor Pete.)  I expect he will arrive soon, even more hot and bothered and quietly despairing about things which do not work when they are supposed to.

I will provide a progress report tomorrow…

In the meantime, here are our sea eagles:


1 comment:

  1. Have you not seen a David Attenborough about Komodo dragons? You do NOT want to encounter one of these septic poison slobber creatures! X

    ReplyDelete