Wednesday 6 April 2016

7th April 2016 - 2XS on the hard

Thursday 7th April 2016

2XS is now up and parked in its rightful place up on the hard. 


It took a while to get there…not so easy to lug an unwieldy 12-tonne catamaran up out of the water, up the slipway, around the corner, into position.


The workers toiled away calmly, not a word of complaint.  Now they are setting up to paint the underside with anti-foul and above the water line with white paint.  SO glad it’s not Pete and me this time…We did it ourselves two years ago in Langkawi, where it was fearsomely hot.  I am a messy painter and I ended up with blue hair, blue toes and fingers, and half of my face blue as well.  Anti-foul takes AGES to wash off…

two years ago...
Delightful… But not this time!!

It is nice hopping into the marina van at the end of the day and ensconcing ourselves in our little blue cabin at Camp Holiday.  The aircon is VERY cold!  Tonight I am taking my mohair blanket, oh how cosy and happy I will be!


The restaurant staff are very friendly and polite, and they have glorious names.  This morning the cashier was Shyne, perfectly named.  And last night it was Jeff, Joemar and Jucymae…

1 comment: