Saturday 23 April 2016

24th April 2016 - rally events

Sunday 24th April 2016

So far so good…it is Sunday and we are going off on a jaunt with Chris and Liz, who have hired a small blue Hyundai for a month.

I am feeling a whole lot better – the spasming pains have receded and I can now step up and down and generally move without uttering short sharp shrieks – very unpleasant for everyone especially me…

Yesterday I was able to go for a beautiful swim along the reef.  This made me VERY much happier.

Friday night we had a rally dinner at the clubrooms, for all of the marina denizens.  Pete didn’t arrive until dinner was all cold; he had been in Davao ALL day, on a lifeboat mission, and also trying to track down antifoul paint.  He was very relieved to get back to Ocean View and ate his cold dinner without complaint.

He missed out of Rally Games.  So did I…I was still unable to move, and certainly not able to balance, while dancing , on a small folded sheet of newspaper…




Yesterday morning was the Treasures of the Bilge sale.  Last year I bought a small plastic egg container, very useful for taking to the market.  This year I bought…two inflatable kayaks!  I am thrilled to bits with them.  Sherry and Dave can’t fit them on their new Soggy Paws (catamaran).  They had to choose beween their fold-up bikes and their kayaks so we are lucky!  I intend to get lots of use and lots of fun.  The kayaks fit into bags about a metre square and are very light.  They will also fit down the hatches, so Pete isn’t quite as dismayed by their arrival as he might have been.



And if they prove to be surplus to requirements…I know many boys who would LOVE an inflatable kayak!!




And girls…

Not to mention...


No comments:

Post a Comment