Thursday 7 April 2016

8th April - Pete is turning blue with anti-foul scrapings

Friday 8th April 2016


I might not be slaving away, getting blue in the face, but…Pete is!  He spends every day under the boat, carefully sanding away with a very small battery-operated sander, getting the remainder of the very tenacious barnacles off.  It is a herculean task.  I can’t help because there is only one sander.  Also…I am nowhere near as brave, strong or motivated as Our Pete.  I had been under the impression that we were paying the local workers to do all of this but…apparently not.


So I help by staying away, struggling, again, with the internet in the clubrooms, going for the occasional beautiful long swim along the reef.  I do make an appearance every few hours to make Pete a cold drink but basically, I am no help at all.

Our Camp Holiday pet

He has gone back to Ocean View today.  I have come into town, big hot Davao, to do a bit of research in G Mall.  We need to get more cards printed and I have heard a rumour that this is the place to be…So far I have managed to get here – a long hot ride in a little jeepney – and I have collapsed in a café, where I am girding my loins.  It is not easy at all to find out where to get things…

Our tricycle driver last night also had a great name – Jelfred!  And a passion for dangling teddies…

1 comment:

  1. Jelfred is indeed a fabulous name! It remind me of my friend Philippa whose name was changed to Pilipha when travelling in Vietnam. Her travelling companion still likes to call her this now, very cute. That anti-foul certainly isn't helping Pete avoid looking foul, poor man. I don't know how he does it!

    ReplyDelete