Sunday 10 April 2016

11th April - prepping 2XS for antifouling - Alfonso's Restaurant

Monday 11th April 2016

As it turns out I do have to get all stained with blue anti-foul after all.


There is a LOT of boat to prepare… Pete spends many hours at a time sanding away at the obstinate barnacles and assorted other crapola adhering to the hulls.  And now I am helping too, by going along the hulls with a big screwdriver scratching at the even more obstinate adherents.


It is hot, it is hard work.  But not unbearable.  It is shady under the hulls, there is a tiny bit of breeze, and I can listen to podcasts on my iPhone, strapped into a handy little pouch slung across my shoulder.


Yesterday was Sunday – a day of rest!  We went across the island in a Gang Of Six to a beautiful little restaurant, Alfonso’s, run by a very gregarious Swiss chef, Alfonso, and his beautiful wife Jacqueline.  Oh my goodness…the food was FABULOUS.  I nearly cried with joy while eating the goulash, served with polenta croquettes and a variety of exquisite little piles of steamed veggies. 



Terry dropped us off back at Camp Holiday at around 3 and we did absolutely nothing… The aircon whirred, we read our books, and then, when it was dark, we turned on the TV and watched Jamie Oliver preparing his amazing 15 minute meals.


And today – back to the grindstone, almost literally!


1 comment: