Monday 3 November 2014

4th November - 2XS is getting cleaner


Tuesday 4th November

Toby has been cleaning the hull of 2XS.  He has encountered some very painful barnacles…I have every sympathy! 

No not Toby's arm but my barnacle wounds from an episode when I cleaned the propellors which were full of plastic crap after a sojourn in Danga Bay (Johor Baru)
Bernard (aka Dodong) is joining him in the cleaning process.  They are hoping to get rid of the yellow stain we acquired in Terengganu.  Pete and I have been battling with it for many months.  We have scrubbed with Jif, marinated in lime juice, scrubbed with green scouring pads – whatever we could think of.  Bernard will probably attack it with a noxious chemical product…better not to know!

My blue Oakley sunglasses are a thing of the past.  I loved them dearly and was very sad when the blue lenses got too scratched and cloudy to be any use at all.  I clicked in the new ones – a nasty pale brown colour.  And very soon they were all scratched and cloudy as well.  So I lugged the whole kit and caboodle back to the mothership – the Sunglasses Hut at the corner of Cat & Fiddle Arcade.  The gorgeous sales assistant, Absi



was very sympathetic.  She said Oakley would replace my glasses for 50% of the going price…if they were broken.  They aren’t broken.  But…she revealed to me that my Oakleys weren’t polarised – I was aghast!  I wouldn’t have bought them had I known this… So now I have some fabulous new Maui Jim glasses.  Not as pretty but VERY polarised with glistening shiny lenses, strong as can be!

The War Against Splinters continues…

It would seem splinters are winning at the moment...
This time it is poor darling Eva who has been speared by a large fearsome bit of wood.  The old and new boards are being sanded this weekend so these attacks will be a thing of the past!

No comments:

Post a Comment