Sunday 9 November 2014

10th November - dinghy tales


Monday 10th November

Yesterday morning I was performing important duties – trying to get my nails looking OK again, after many nail-ravaging experiences over the past few weeks.  Pete called for me to look at the river so I got out my trusty camera


And then zoomed in.


What on earth was this construction, floating on by on the Derwent??  And doesn’t Hobart look pretty?obart look just so very pretty??


As does Cremorne...


SO lovely!  And so full of very happy children plus attendant adults.


When the Wakefields were with us in Langkawi the boys learned to drive the dinghy.  They became our designated drivers, when so required, and they took this job very seriously.  


They loved the whole idea of a dinghy and so now they have bought one, a big sturdy five-seater tinny.  


Gavin and some friends took the dinghy out of the sea on Sunday afternoon, to tow Hamish, Angus and their mates along on their surfboards.  It all looked very thrilling and wild.  I would have stayed on board the board, so to speak, for about ten seconds; they did much better!


Lynne is home from hospital, after four weeks of being immobilised.  She is very happy to be in her own being house on the beach but…it is very brave of her! I think I would have still been cowering in my hospital bed…

Later, after listening to the morning news on the ABC

The floating extravaganza is the new Brooke Street Pier, which was constructed further up the river and gently towed into place.  It is going to be a flash ferry terminal and will also contain…three new restaurants.  I can’t imagine that Hobart needs any more restaurants or cafés…it seems to be heaving with eateries!  Every time I try to go to a familiar building – a bank, an agency – it is full fo cheery peoel drinking coffee

No comments:

Post a Comment