Sunday 2 November 2014

3rd November - forms of address in the Philippines...

Monday 3rd November

I sent Rosie an email saying how happy I am that she and Toby are enjoying their time on 2XS.  She wrote back as follows…

Rosie on 2XS
"Yes ma'am we love it!!!so quite...I love the kitchen too!!!"

She was very much looking forward to some quiet time.  Living in the middle of SeaDive was very noisy and distracting, and she didn’t have access to any kitchen.  She was hoping to catch lots of fish and to cook them straight from the sea.


As for calling me ma’am…sigh, yes she does this.  And she calls Pete… Sir.  As in, “Hello Ma’am; where is Sir?”  There is no chance of her changing this form of address.  I had a chastening conversation with her when we were having dinner together in the SeaDive restaurant.  I asked her if he had ever been overseas and she said no, but that she would love to.  Well maybe she (and Toby) could come and visit us in Tasmania, when we are settled back here.  She beamed with delight, “Oh yes ma’am!  I could come, and I would look after the children!”  No that was NOT my intention…I was inviting her as a guest, not as a nanny!


Very sad that we missed the Waddamana Open Day!   I gather it was a very cheery reunion.  

No comments:

Post a Comment