Saturday 1 November 2014

1st November - School Fair Season


Saturday 1st November

This is School Fair Season in Tasmania.  A wild and unreliable season for anything.  It can be snowing, blisteringly hot, hailing, sleeting, violently windy or just mild and sunny.  The forecast for today was for snow and storms and sleet.  Oh goody…

Green grass, blue sky, cheery children
South Hobart Primary School gamely went ahead and…it was mild and sunny.  With occasional sharp gusts of icy wind, just to keep us on our toes.

Katy and I constructed useful hi-vis backpack covers for junior bike riders.  I left them in an untidy pile on a chair in the Thomas house and they value-added and made them look very nifty.  No wobbly seams to be seen…



I saw people I hadn’t seen for many many long months.  Some of them I recognised, others I didn’t.  Some recognised me, others didn’t.  Absence…

Right now it is seriously dark and drizzly; we are warm and cosy with the heat pump pumping.  So very different from our tropical life on 2XS…I walk down to the shop wearing my down coat, which could also double as a sleeping bag.  I have a scarf wound round my neck, shoes and socks and jeans and several layers of singlets and t-shirt type things.  On 2XS for the past year I have worn…as little as possible.  Ann-Marie describes all of my clothing as being a muumuu


No comments:

Post a Comment