Thursday 27 November 2014

28th November - Langkawi jellyfish - more prezis - democracy in Tasmania


Friday 28th November

Meanwhile back in Langkawi…


Some friends have posted a photo on Facebook of a hand-made poster they saw displayed near the beach.  Really??  Giant jellyfish chasing us as a food source?? 

I showed Nicky’s Grade 6 girls at St Mary’s a photo of one of the Malaysian jellyfish yesterday.


So pretty, like a wet floppy pink tutu.

I didn’t actually swim with these pretty creatures so I don’t know if they would have chased me as a food source…

In Thailand we watched people scooping jellyfish out of the sea and plopping them into their long narrow boats.  We had no idea why they were doing this – maybe to clear the beaches for the hordes of tourists?


But no…the jellyfish are for eating – they are a food source for humans…

Yummy???
So maybe the fearsome Langkawi creatures are enacting Revenge of the Jellyfish!

The St Mary’s girls were very polite and responsive during my prezi, which went OK.  Except…I had added an orangutan picture at the last minutes, literally as I was rushing out the door, laptop in hand.  It wasn’t lodged properly, this photo… So I said, confidently, We swam into this beautiful cave on Koh Muk – the Emerald Cave.


And on the other side was…(wait for it; a beautiful beach)

But no it wasn’t a beautiful beach; it had been eclipsed by a big fat close-up of Ritchie the alpha-male orangutan


Nicky sent me a photo of the notes one of her conscientious students took during my prezi…


What a cute summary!

After my speedy prezi the Thomas family and I went to have a picnic on Parliament House lawns, and to protest against the proposed cuts to government schools.

Eva made a heart-felt poster


And Leo got to meet one of his heroes – our previous premier, Lara Giddings.


So nice, living in such a small democratic state where these things – protests, meetings with pollies – are so easy.

Another thing I found on Facebook yesterday – one of the words which exists in another language (Japanese in this instance) but should also exist in English.


I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment