Friday 9 May 2014

9th May - Port Klang to Port Dickson (Admiral Marina)


Friday 9th May

2 degrees latitude
101 degrees longitude

And no, surprisingly, it does NOT get cooler, the closer one gets to the equator…

Once again we had an easy run from Port Klang, where we anchored in the smog, to Port Dickson, where we are tied up to a pontoon in the very luxurious and peaceful Admiral Marina.



There were dozens of big container ships along the way, looming out of the haze.



We took turns at the helm and neither of us got too close to a ship…what could possibly go wrong, in these busy shipping lanes??

I was so hot at 4.30 when we arrived that I could not speak… I tied up the shade tarpaulins, lugged the fans out of the bedroom and plugged them in – I LOVE the fans and the tarpaulins – and made my way very swiftly to…the beautiful swimming pool, blessedly shaded by overhanging trees.*



I think I wallowed, like a water buffalo, for an hour or more, gradually returning to a more normal temperature.  We have two nights here and I think, in all likelihood, I will spend 90% of the time…wallowing…

* Pete in the meantime was wiring up yet another electric plug for the marina power.  (There are at least three different sizes and it takes quite a long time to unscrew one – of course it is ALWAYS the other one which is needed – and affix the required one.)  He also had to take all of the necessary paperwork to the office and fill in forms.

No comments:

Post a Comment