Saturday 10 May 2014

11th May - Mothers Day (and I am far away...)


Sunday 11th May

Before we leave Port Dickson and the easy access to cyberspace…

Happy Mothers Day!

Firstly, of course, to my own mother, as vibrant and wonderful now


 as she was then…


(Thanks to Jacqui for this photo from The Past…)

And to Fleur, who has been such an important part of my life since…well since nearly before I can remember very much at all!



And to my daughters, mothers all three of them, luckily for me, and for their offspring…

And to…well to all of the mothers out there…

Just about all of the women I know are mothers.  If they aren’t actually biologically connected to any particular child, they still maintain close maternal relationships with stepchildren, nieces, nephews, children of friends.

I am not going to say Mothers Are All Wonderful…Of course, and manifestly, they are not!  But…I know most of us do our best…

And I have been very lucky to have two of the best ones, still very present in my life.


No comments:

Post a Comment