Saturday 17 May 2014

18th May - Nagoya Indonesia - leaving for Tiomen Island


Sunday 18th May

Yesterday we took a taxi to the biggest city on Batam Island, Nagoya.  Pete bought a new computer (yes!  Shock and awe!!)*

And I bought…a nifty little iPad pen to match my beautiful new leather Mini iPad cover (the only thing I bought in Singapore…the only thing I coveted and which I could afford…)




We had a most delicious lunch – nasi goreng and that noodle thing which I love, with an egg on top, and which I can’t spell or pronounce… It was a very nice little café with comfy seats, and a most perplexing logo, expensively reproduced on all of the walls:




Yes of course!  It was TONGUE CRUNCHY IN GOOD

???

Our main reason for going to town, however, was to lug our huge heavy Indonesian gas bottle around to get it refilled.  Our driver took us to abut seven different gas outlets, and all had the same sad story – NO GAS.  Sorry… So…we lugged it back, and there it sits on 2XS, empty.

I tried to Google the problem – WHY have all the outlets run out of gas??  But all I got was some very useful info about Nagoya:

It is important to not confuse this city with Nagoya, Japan - they are different places in different areas of the world.

All righty!

This morning we are leaving as soon as we get our passports and papers back from the officials… With a bit of luck (ie if the tide and current are with us not against us) we will get to Tiomen Island,** 60 nautical miles away.



We will miss the cool pool
* It was very cheap, an Asus like his rickety old one, and NOT the computer of his dreams… But…it was very cheap!  I think it is totally fabulous – new technology always makes me very happy.  Pete says, bemused, But it’s just a computer!

Spider orchids by the pool
** Back in Malaysian waters

No comments:

Post a Comment