Monday 12 January 2015

13th January - Bicheno - flathead

Tuesday 13th January 2015

Dolphins #1

Another clear blue sunny day in Bicheno.  So far I haven’t plunged into the sea…it really is quite cold, around 17, and I am most unimpressed with my own wussiness.

Dolphins #2
The fragile Manila birds are still flying, and everyone loves them, mildly.  The adults, however, do NOT love the water whistle I bought from the same street seller.


They should be grateful that I didn’t buy eight!

We had a most sensational dinner.  Richard and Meriloy had been fishing and they gave us their whole catch.  Enough flathead to feed all of us.  Cooked in tempura batter, fresh from the sea, with a mountain of takeaway chips and a delicious Greek salad – it couldn’t have been better!

Many flathead and one squid
The boys will maybe go out in the Wakefield boat again today…let’s hope they can catch  a bucketload of flatties for tonight!  (It all looks a bit rough out there so, sadly, maybe not.)

Rarely
Every now and then Rose, who is actually having a lovely time 

Often

erupts into a frenzy of rage.  Yesterday she was shrieking away on the doorstep, for no discernible reason.  We said, “Why are you screaming Rose?”  She looked at us with fury and shouted, “I’m not screaming!  I am CRYING!”  This made her unkind grandmother fall about laughing… She looked at me, while still making a lot of noise, and then subsided into…laughter…


No comments:

Post a Comment