Monday 23 May 2016

23rd May 2016 - test dive Palau

Monday 23rd May 2016

So today it didn’t rain!


Our little dinghy had been very stoic, being loaded up with buckets of water from the unrelenting sky every day.  Very useful for washing down various bits of the boat, various dirty bit of laundry.

The other day we met a new American friend, Diana, bound for Bali after eight months working here in Palau, on a big resort.  She wanted to divest herself of various heavy possessions and now - I have dive gear of my very own!


So today it wasn’t raining and we went out, on 2XS, leaving the dinghy to mind our mooring.


Time to test the gear!  I am not in the least scared of the wafer, the fish, the depth.  but… am always very scared of…the diving gear!  But…I plopped in, all tanked up and weighted down and…it was fine!  Now I feel a whole lot more confident, and we can try to book into a dive from Sam ‘s Tours, based here at the yacht club…Watch this space!


2 comments: