Tuesday 17 May 2016

18th May 20176 - Palau - Pete up the mast

Wednesday 18th May 2016

Yesterday we had planned to ride into town but…Pete found himself distracted with Boat Repairs.

The mainsail halyard suddenly appeared to be horribly frayed, a real danger to shipping.


Pete in the boson's chair, about to go up

So I had to do my very least favourite job…give me a bilge to pump out any day!

Yes…I had to winch my friend Pete up up UP the mast and then make sure that he stayed there.  Until he was ready to come back down…


Not a koala at the top of the mast - Pete!!
If you ever find yourself wanting a big adrenaline kick – this is the activity for you!

I wound the ropes very tightly around the winch...
I needed a calm activity after this so I sat and wrote 20 (we have a lot of offspring between us…) post cards.  Yes!  Postcards are available here!  They are very dull but never mind… and what’s more there is a visible easy-to-find post office!


We were a bit amused by the stamps…Celebrating the House of Windsor??  Really?



1 comment:

  1. Love the stamps! A bit outdated, isn't that the yellow dress from Prince George? đŸ˜‰ I'm
    So happy to see koala Pete there I don't care about you're stress X

    ReplyDelete