Wednesday 4 May 2016

4th May - official stuff in Davao

Wednesday 4th May 2016

WHAT is happening with the US presidential campaing??  It seems like craziness piled upon insanity… Our friend Tom sadly says, We are in decline.  He now wants to be Canadian!


Here…well I am waiting for the last load of washing to wash.  Not so simple!  This involves queues, and external hoses which have to be tied off with plastic twine and then released at certain stages.  Maybe I will still be here at midnight, sitting under the fans under the clubhouse, with my modem...

We spent the day in various bureaucratic offices filling in forms in triplicate and quadruplicate.  And paying quite a hefty fine because our visas had expired…oh dear, bears of little brain are we…


Our lovely friend Jolene (SV Labyrinth, now aboard Soggypaws heading for Fremantle,) bought some thrilling new grousers, lightweight, at Victoria Plaza opposite Immigration.  And then she looked at her feet later in the day… She has just ben posing for me, before and after, under the clubroom.


The boat looked so beautiful in the late afternoon light, when we arrive back, after late lunch at the Swiss Deli with our friends Tom, Chris, Liz.

Last night we organised an impromptu marina get together.  I put up a fairly cryptic notice, and then arranged six little round tables, and bought some wood for the BBQ.  Nobody actually read the notice…but everyone came! We ended up with 15 tables, and much chat!  Chas was thrilled; he spruiked his book, and chatted far and wide.

PARTY!!
I also made a very big potato salad to share, which I tasted at the very last minute.  Oh horror; it was much too salty, even for me!  I hastily boiled up some more spuds and added them but…it really was VERY salty, even then.  I didn’t say anything; just passed it around.  And got SO many compliments on my delicious offering!!! …Hmmm…maybe they are just being nice because I am leaving…

Not sure when next we will get internet…


Possibly tomorrow but…maybe not for a week…

Local kids making some pocket money

1 comment:

  1. How nice that the impromptu and cryptically announced gathering as such a success! X

    ReplyDelete