Sunday 29 May 2016

30th May 2016 - elusive mandarin fish

Monday 30th May 2016

What I want to see, when I am swimming alongside the jetty, GoPro in hand, is…

Thans for the image, Google!
Mandarin fish!  Apparently they live along the rock wall, very happily, mating in the late afternoon light.  So far…not a single sighting.  They are very small - Google assures me they only grow to 6cm.  Big or small, I don’t care, I just want to see one!

I do see very big giant clams, however.  They are not particularly photogenic, these big ones, in their camouflage colours.

And my GoPro techhiques are not yet very good...
I also managed to take a strange selfie…I need help with my GoPro techniques!

This was supposed to be a photo of a very pretty small iridescent blue clam!!
Tomorrow we are going for two more dives, not sure where, somewhere in the Rock Islands no doubt!



1 comment: