Monday 6 August 2012

Tuesday 7th August
Happy birthday Claire! 
When Claire was learning to write an illustrate stories, she drew a resplendent fairy princess, with the caption, Lisa the fairy, proud and helpful.  Wonderful characteristics…and has Claire aspired to these ideals?   Well yes, she is 37 today and…very proud and helpful!
We had farewell drinks last night.  A very noisy rowdy affair.  The little court room which is usually so full of decorum and silence (except for when my iPhone plays the Rolling Stones and embarrasses me very much) was SO noisy.  I couldn’t really hear anyone and hope I was lip-reading correctly and smiling appropriately… Nobody broke their ankle (this has been known to happen at parties in this particular court) but yes of course somebody did set off the duress alarm and the police were called out – expensive and embarrassing (no it wasn’t me…I had left!)  My workplace is usually so very sedate…But bring everyone together, out of their offices, add just a bit of alcohol and a few deep-fried fatty treats…and watch out!

2 comments: