Thursday 30 August 2012

Friday 31st August
I walked to work this morning, down the hill from the heights of West Hobart, with a stiff, cold breeze blowing into my face.  Not so nice, I thought.  Maybe I will chicken out and catch the bus… But then, around the corner in Warwick Street, the breeze brought a show-stopping blessing – pink blossom, falling like snow around me!  As Zoe, aged 2, would say, “SO wonderful!”
I spent the rest of the walk feeling very happy and very lucky with my lot in life.  Every now and then I do get a twinge of panic about getting older… Last week I was talking to Chris about some minor annoyance – maybe she needed new glasses, whatever.  I asked if her eyes were getting worse and she laughed and said, “Everything is worse!”  And indeed things don’t really improve, with the passing of the years… I am very happy with the way things are right this minute and don’t really want anything much to change…
I don’t usually put any kids do the darndest things on this blog but…
You might like this….
Eva and Jemima (aged 4 ½) watching a movie:
Jemima: “you’ve seen this before, haven’t you Eva?”
Eva: “Yeah, but not for over thirty years.”


1 comment: