Wednesday 8 August 2012

Thursday 9th August
I have been so busy at work my head is spinning.  And my brain is FULL of documents, variations, dates, changes.  And…as I have read somewhere recently, that is why they call it work and not play.
I did nick out for half an hour at lunchtime to get my hair cut.  I had a new hairdresser at the salon, Jane, a woman about my age, very pleasant and friendly.  She made me laugh a lot by telling me about her 26 year old daughter who has come back from Queensland with a broken heart (no I didn’t laugh at that bit…)  But what did amuse me was that Melanie has arrived with her VERY lively young cat.  And now Jane’s beloved dog is banished to the back yard while the cat refuses to go outside.  I gather that Jane is not enjoying this Feline/Canine war.
When Nicky, Gavin and Toddler Hamish moved into the family home with their very large and placid dog, Basil, while they were building their house about ten years ago, my very old and dignified cat took up residence in my bedroom.  She just wouldn’t go into any other room in the house while That Dog was around.  She perched on the wardrobe in the daytime, and at night she took shelter on my bed. 
(The other thing which happened during their six month stay with us was a bit more drastic.  Apparently a few older family members - possibly my then mother-in-law...- had warned Nicky NOT to interfere with her parents’ relationship.  Well Nicky tried not to but…she did interfere, and how grateful am I!!  I do love my shiny new post-marriage life…)

3 comments:

  1. Well you're both much happier, cheers. I'd forgotten about poor hiding Milly (was it Milly?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well you're both much happier, cheers. I'd forgotten about poor hiding Milly (was it Milly?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes indeed, it was our beautiful, dignified grey Milly

    ReplyDelete