Thursday 9 August 2012

Friday 10th August
Friday and I am gasping for R & R and G & T…
It has been a long hard week, one way and the other.
And…cold in Hobart!!  Most days it has been struggling to get anywhere near 10 degrees.  All very beautiful, with the mountain all covered with snow and the air clean and crisp.  Last night I was too cold to walk up the hill to Pete’s, so I made my way to the bus stop…past Yeltour.  Always a temptation to go into nice warm peaceful Yeltour when the bus is five cold breezy minutes away.  They are setting out all of their new clothes, all ready for SPRING.  Nobody is buying any of these flimsy items, of course, and the shop workers are quite cross at having to display them when everyone is coming in all a-shiver and wanting warm bulky items.  But…this is policy, in the fashion industry.  They had a big sale rack, with winter items heavily reduced.  I found a lovely big silver three quarter jacket, with a nifty belt.  I looked at the label and found it was duck down and therefore extremely warm, and…never mind that it was size 14 and several sizes too big – I WANTED it!! 
So this morning I floated down the hill like a big puffy silver cloud and arrived at my work place without my usual litany of complaints about being cold cold COLD!! 
Our registrar, Allan, looked at me kindly as I displayed my new big jacket’s many wonderful qualities, and said, “Never mind that it is too big.  You will soon grow into it.”  Thank you, Allan!
So funny, Usain Bolt – what a wonderful athlete!  And what a cheerful man – “I always wanted to be a legend and now, here I am, a LEGEND!!”  I was very amused to see photos of him having too much fun in the evenings, with the women’s handball team from Sweden.  Apparently this team has been having the best time in London.  They have played lots of games without winning a single one, but who cares, wey-hey, they are partying with the Legend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment