Tuesday 8 May 2012

Wednesday 9th May
I am in beautiful St Helens on the East Coast.
Sans Pete, sans 2XS…
Also sans the freedom to idle away my time admiring the beauty – I am here for work!  No complaints, I am very lucky to get a work trip, especially to the East Coast…
And while I have been to St Helens with Pete, I haven’t been here on 2XS – the bar is formidable and we skittered on past it on our way north last year.
2XS, however, has been here, with Pete And Crew, in 2010, when he took the boat up to the Whitsundays.  They had to cross the bar, formidable or not, because there was engine trouble.  They were here for quite a few days, getting the issues sorted.  One day they met a raggedy chap who started a cheery conversation.  When he left he said, “Would you like some prawns?”  Well there is only one answer to that, isn’t there??  A few hours later he turned up with a BUCKET full of fresh prawns!  He wouldn’t dream of taking any money, nor did he want a six-pack.  “Me missus and I gave up drinking.  It wasn’t doing us no good,” he said, and went on his way.  Pete And Crew were very happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment