Wednesday 9 May 2012

Thursday 10th May
Still in beautiful St Helens…
We should be back in Hobart Thursday afternoon, with a bit of good luck and a fair breeze blowing.
I have spoken to ConvalescentPete who has been having sleepless nights, post-op.  My mother sent me an anxious email message, saying she hopes a nurse is popping in daily to see if he is OK.  Oh how he would love this… A gentle, soothing nurse to ease his pain… But no… He is on his own.
I went to the local op shop in our lunch break and got a supermarket bag stuffed full of lovely board shorts, t-shirts, colourful bras, all for $4.  I, being SO generous, gave them a fiver.  The shop is a fund-raiser for the local school.  Apparently there is one in St Mary’s as well, and they raise, so I am reliably informed, around $1200 per month!
I added a few items from Chickenfeed – embroidery cotton, a bag of small plastic jungle animals, some ribbons – and schlepped the whole lot up to the post office. For my $10 of goods it cost…$53 to send it to Moses in the Louisiades.  But it is money well spent; Moses will be very happy with this bag of loot, and he will distribute it/sell it fairly and wisely around the island.

No comments:

Post a Comment