Thursday 17 May 2012

Friday 18th May
I am back in the groove of knowing and caring what day of the week it is.  My life is now like clockwork – here one day, there the next, at my desk Mon-Fri 8.45-5.06 (more or less…)
Where I was on Sunday was at Pete’s house.  He had gone to Launceston to visit his northern family while I stayed here and got ready for the Mon-Fri 8.45-5.06 thing.  I got up in the morning, locked up the house, went to work…
First thing to go wrong was…I left Pete’s car keys inside, in the special pottery key container.  So when Pete returned early on Thursday morning in a John Deere truck, he was locked out.  And DESPERATE to get in to use the facilities… Fortunately James was able to speed across the hill in his ute, spare key in hand
Second thing was not so much wrong as…weird!  I walked up the hill last night, groceries slung over my shoulder, and was happily reunited with Pete in the late afternoon.  I went upstairs to put my uggboots on – always a happy moment – and Pete followed me.  “So,” he said, smiling benignly.  “Who’s the man?”  WHAT man??  Well…the man who left a thwacking great man’s watch on the windowsill in the en suite bathroom…As far as I know, nobody has been in the house since Monday morning.
So…if you know of anyone who popped into Pete’s Summerhill Road house to have a shower and leave behind a thwacking great watch…please send them to Pete, with an explanation!

No comments:

Post a Comment