Monday 28 May 2012

Tuesday 29th May
Live in such a way that if anyone should speak badly of you no-one would believe it
I read this recently on another blog (Maxabella Loves, if you want to go and look…)  It came printed on a lovely square photo, all very pretty, and yes…a great motto to try to live up to… Am not so sure that I have quite achieved this particular stage and status…or ever will I can imagine all manner of people saying, “Well golly and gosh, she always was a frivolous and flighty bit of work, not surprised to hear that at all!”
On a completely different topic – Eurovision is over!  And oh what a spectacle!  I am sad to report that my favourites didn’t do very well.  In fact, they came last and second last in the finals.  And glorious Iceland, so pretty, so tuneful, did slightly better but wasn’t even in the top ten.
It gave me much pleasure and amusement last week to hear not one but two of my very favourite men in the world asking, in all seriousness, why Australia has never entered in this contest.  Ummm…I rather think there is a clue in the name…EUROvision??” 
(Dad?  Pete?  What were you thinking??)

3 comments:

  1. Oh dear. But we are part of the commonwealth, SURELY that counts???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Further...I believe Gina Gee (was that her name???) was actually Australian but represented the UK in the dim and distant past. Not sure what the song was but it wasn't her 'hit' I DO remember. They lyrical masterpiece with the lyrics "ooh ah just a little bit...ooh ah a little bit more" (think it was called "ooh ah"...)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh that was a bad sentence sorry 'lyrical masterpiece with the lyrics'. I have a small child scrambling over me...yes Felix. Well I WILL go onthe computer. Oh what a surprise...here is Jemima too 'balancing' on me.

    ReplyDelete