Thursday 31 May 2012

Friday 2nd June
Chris and Angela are having a most wonderful time in France.  I have been reading lovely long descriptive emails while sitting in my office with an inexplicably arctic blast of air-conditioning pouring down on my head.  I am almost transported to prehistoric caves, glorious chateaux, sumptuous restaurants, quaint villages and markets… Almost but not quite because…WHY is it so cold in here??  We have some workmen busily clambering around our heads in the roofspace, installing a new system.  A new FREEZING system, it seems to me.  I am wearing, over my normal wintry work clothes, a very ugly old hooded grey polar fleece and a big thick woolly scarf.  And I am still going brrr… My poor colleagues, Allan, Tim and James, are wandering around rubbing their hands and also going brrrr. 
So it is a wonderful distraction to read about early summer in the French countryside and “…our Michelin Star restaurant which was a 5 minute walk away along a beautiful river bank….was to die for!. Eat your heart out Heston!!!!”
So nice, to be able to share other people’s fabulous travel experiences – ain’t the internet grand??

No comments:

Post a Comment