Thursday 10 May 2012

Friday 11th May
Today’s desk calendar says:
The law of heredity is that all undesirable traits come from the other parent.
Amen to that!
St. Helens stopped being quite so wonderful after lunch on Wednesday… We had a brief adjournment around midday and went to a local café.  Tim very wisely chose a plain hamburger; I FOOLISHY had warm chicken salad.  I should have known…it was described as coming served on a bed of ice-burg lettuce… People who can’t spell iceberg maybe can’t cook in a hygienic manner…
Around 3.30 I started to feel ill.  A bit like seasickness…oh no… By four I was rushing to every nearby toilet, riding myself of every meal I have eaten over the past week.  Agony!  And very much not fun.
By dinner time I thought maybe it had all subsided but…no.  I ordered a bowl of tomato and vegetable soup and had one TINY sip.  RUNRUNRUN!  The waitresses at Tidal Waters were very kind, and very concerned.  One of them laboriously wrote out a list of doctor, ambulance, hospital, for me to take to my room.  I reckon she didn’t want the cleaners to find a corpse in the morning.  She asked me where we had eaten and I said I would rather not say, but that I would let the café people know. “So, what did you eat?”  When I told her, she said, “I know exactly which café that was!  My nana had warm chicken salad there and she was extremely sick.”  Oh good!
I am fine now, but…very empty!

No comments:

Post a Comment