Wednesday 2 May 2012

Thursday 3rd May
Pete’s son James thinks Greg pops up everywhere.  On Anzac Day we were invited to the opening of the Good Guys, a big new shop selling electrical goods, in Main Road Moonah.  James’s girlfriend Bron is the manager and it was the Family And Friends day.  Pete and I admired everything, bought nothing, and had a drink or two (cups of tea for me…beer for Pete…I was so very tired I couldn’t even consider a glass of wine; I would have passed out on top of the tasteful display of vacuum cleaners.)  Greg, who had, of course, come with us, trotted up and down the aisles, clucking in amazement at all of the new technology – he hasn’t been in such a shop for seven and a half years.  James, who was idly inspecting the goods, suddenly heard a familiar Canadian voice; “Hello James, what’s a Blu Ray?”  He wheeled around – Greg is everywhere!!
When I was hunting for the coffee maker in Pete’s store room, I rang James to ask if he had seen it.  A few minutes later I sent him a text: Found behind a pile of scungy cushions.  He wrote back, instantly, Who?  Greg?  This running joke is giving James and me hours of enjoyment; I don’t think Pete is finding it anywhere near as funny…

No comments:

Post a Comment