Thursday 24 September 2015

25th September - Fortress Ocean View

Friday 25th September 2015

All still quiet on the western front of Ocean View marina…



They are building up a fortress at high speed. It will be manned with security guards and soldiers and BIG guns.  Too late baby…but we are very very safe here!!



We have put out a (gentle) request for daily updates.  We can’t just forget our four hostages!!

Kjartan
There are photos of them (not very recent photos…) out there on the internet.

John
But not one of Tess!

Rob
Yesterday, apart from fretting away about the hostages, I spent some time trying to get familiar with my wonderful new birthday GoPro.  I was about to take it for a swim when…thunderbolts and lightning!  Very very frightening!  So I didn’t set foot into the sea…(but one good outcome- we were able to fill up our bucket of drinking wear very swiftly!)

I left Pete snoozing uneasily – he now has my horrid coughy coldy thing

And went into downtown Babac to buy some more eggs and veggies etc.  And some cough meds for ColdBoy.

I spent quite a lot of time in this bus shelter, waiting for the Ocean View van, and contemplating whether or not it would be comfortable having a zzzz in a hammock slung casually in the innards of a motor tricycle, until I realised I had missed the van because of having been in a long LONG queue at the pharmacy.




Never mind…it gave me time to contemplate the need for many zzzz sessions in hot climates…





No comments:

Post a Comment