Friday 11 September 2015

12th September - Ho Chi Minh City - rugby

Saturday 12th September 2015

We are still very much enjoying Ho Chi Minh  City.  Full of surprising sights.


This “shop” is actually a loaded-up bicycle.  I don’t think the poor man sells anything at all but many people stop to take a photo…He should charge for the photo pop!



Everyone takes a photo of this charming violinist statue outside the beautiful Opera House.  And why not??


The Bitexco Financial Tower is the tallest building in the city.  The protrusion halfway up (at the 49th floor, I think,) is a helicopter pad.   Am deeply disappointed; I was sure it was a swimming pool and as keen to have a high HIGH swim.


I took a photo of our Lavender Hotel as we were returning around 10pm.  A kindly young woman put her hand on my arm and said, “Please do NOT take photos with your phone in the street!  Someone will snatch it!”  This is the third local person to have given me this advice so I had better be more circumspect.  I would be totes devo to lose my golden iPhone…

We packed up and left our cosy room.  It really was very nice there, with more space than we are accustomed to after staying in Tune hotels.  (Tune is now Red Planet, still a cheap & cheerful hotel chain.)  It was OK being in a room without a window, all things considered, but it is very strange not to have any natural light at all.  At any time of the day or night it could be… any time of the day or night.  Disconcerting!


We have moved to Rose and Ben’s spacious house, with our very own suite on the third floor.  SO comfortable…And actual windows, natural light!


There is a very nice small white dog called Bundy


and a pair of budgies who are happily producing eggs. 



Last night we went to a function organised by the restaurant chain Ben works for, Al Fresco.  He, and the team, have put in an enormous amount of work.  Teams have come from Hong King, Australia, Japan.  The welcome function was huge and VERY noisy and cheerful.  Many MANY large happy men!  Today we are going out to the sports ground to watch some games; I had better buy yet another umbrella, not sure if there will be any shade.  (And I will have my golden iPhone to keep me company if it all gets too overwhelming…)


No comments:

Post a Comment