Monday 17 August 2015

17th August - Hobart to Denpasar - halfway back to 2XS (Raja Ampat, papua)

Monday 17th August 2015

Beautiful Hobart in the Mercury recently
I am sitting in a lounge at Denpasar Airport, feeling like a zombie.  Not quite half way through the 24-hour journey back to 2XS…So far so good.  I plugged myself into various electronic devices all the way from Hobart.  My glorious new golden iPhone


connected to the Virgin internal Wifi system and allowed me to watch three comedy programs on the beautiful big clear screen.  In Melbourne I had just enough time to go through all of the necessary queues – security, check-in, more security, more security, boarding – with (sigh) no time at all for cups of coffee and happy hours lingering in the bookshops.

Melbourne to Denpasar I was able to watch two cheap & cheerful comedies on the back-of-the-seat screen, plus a few episodes of this and that.  And I have discovered, after many years of flying, that the back seat is the very best one because you can recline your seat without having to consider the needs of the poor squashed person behind!  Bliss!  (Well…not QUITE bliss…it is still all very squashy.)

Eight compelling reasons to return to Hobart
Usually when I leave Tasmania I am wrenchingly sad but this time I feel quite light-hearted because I will be back in six weeks.  Just enough time to swim swim swim and see some beautiful wonders of nature and then – home again!

No comments:

Post a Comment